Tuesday, May 31, 2022

The Celtic suff

 By "Celtic", by and large I mean Irish or Irish inspired, unless otherwise noted.

I people love these crosses and I've had more than one customer buy one after traveling to Ireland.  Which baffled me, until I too went there.  Then the reality of luggage limits hit you.  Every trip I'm mailing myself back books and sundry things a couple days before my flight; it is usually cheaper than buying more luggage space.  Shipping back pottery or stone would be a nightmare.

Mar sin e...


I made a series inspired by the Book of Kells.  Which sounds exciting until one encounters all the people who love Celtic/Irish things but have never heard of the Book of Kells.  I ndáiríre? So here I am all pleased with myself I can make knots freehand without tracing or copying, while the customer nods, blankly.  As long as they sell....


Fish with freeform spirals and design work, inspired by salmon and trout.




No comments:

Post a Comment