Monday, March 4, 2013

Opening Weekend 2013

Great space and expect it to be a great season.  Thanks for everyone who showed up!

Booth:



New Incense Burners:  I've added a bit of a base to the top piece, for a better aesthetic:

bone/white $25; glazed $28; gryphons $28

Mountains dragon lairs are new:
lairs $18



Lamps:

Dragons: new process.  I'm casting the glass eyes now.  It's interesting and creatives, etc, etc, but I don't have a choice; all suppliers of glass "gems", blobs, whatever you want to call them have stopped.  Cold.  As of sometime last year.  My supplier is literally down to the ast dregs and I realized if I didn't find a production solution I was screwed for dragon eyes.   So I set about learning to cast glass frit.  Look for a blog soonish. 

Dragon Lamps vary: $48 +; green lamp shown $58


Spirit Trees: new process, I'm testing casting and fusing glass on the piece.  So far I like the effect, but must be careful with mixing glass of different coefficients.  The small cast pieces will crack if they're fused to the glaze of the tree.  So for those scarp glass pieces I'll need to stick with epoxy to attach them to the trees.
Spirit Trees: lg $48    sm $38


Candle burners: Leaf Lights new

Leaf Lights$40-$48


I'm very pleased with this effect, thought I clearly need to master photographing it!

Elven Vases, bowls, leaves:  These pieces were made by a member of Mud Spinner's Pottery, who sold at the Market in the late 90s.  We shared a group studio and often bisque pieces were thrown out that the artist just didn't like.  Or had some other tiny flaw.  I've kept them for years, with the idea of decorating them in some inspired way.  After watching the recent Hobbit film, by Lord of the Rings geekdom resurfaced and I decided to decorate them in tengwar , Tolkien's elven script.  
vase $58


The vase has the first part of an elven hymn to Varda, their goddess of the stars.  The small bowl with leaves is a Lothlorien theme, with mallorn leaves, nuts and flowers.  The yellow glaze fired darker than it should have, but apart from that I'm pleased.  The vase if 100% functional, but because of the decorative techniques(mix of glaze and oxide on a high fire body only fired to midrange) I can't recommend the bowls for food safe functionality(mixing batter, cereal,etc).  Used as a fruit bowl, or other dry storage is fine.


The leaf charms are inspired by mallorn and ivy.

Come see us soon!

Galu!












No comments:

Post a Comment